WHO ARE WE ?
With a combined experience of over 60 years in the various book trades (paper, printing, publishing) our background allows us to offer a "no-nonsense" service: no false promises, a consciousness of quality so that our customers are proud of their work. We enjoy getting to know you. As each author is unique, we favour direct and personal contact to choose together the solution that suits you best.
Sharing knowledge, know-how, thoughts, theories, stories, photos, drawings, recipes, techniques, memories, the history of your family, your school, your company or association,... this is our ambition.
INDIGO PRO'S PLUS
Our state-of-the-art technology and know-how guarantee a high level of
black/white and colour pages to give your book a boost by paying for each page
at its respective rate!
- although we offer standard formats, you can also choose your own format within the limits of our machine. Do not hesitate to contact us!
- Once again, our high-performance equipment allows us to offer particularly attractive prices on black/white pages but especially on colour pages. And you only pay for colour on these pages!
- Your margin is even higher with each sale. .
- our quantity discounts are significant, do the math!
With us, you keep all your rights! no exclusivity agreement, on the contrary, you enter our network of publishers.
We accompany you throughout the process and we arrange the ISBN and registration of your book for you.
- activate your network: word of mouth is the best vector. We create a page for your book, the link to which can be shared on your networks.
- make it easy to find your book via keywords: we provide you with a space that allows you to find your book via keywords that you communicate to us.
- cross languages: your book may be of interest to a reader who is interested in the theme of your book but will not find it in his or her language. Our translation of the keywords into three languages facilitates access to your book. It's up to you to see how you can get along with them!
No problems with stocks, unsold books or waste.
All our papers are FSC certified.
All our books are CO² neutral
We print with 100% green energy.
FOR EACH BOOK WE PLANT A TREE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Not really, we see ourselves more as a bridge between self-publishing
and publishing in the true sense. We do not provide editorial work but can put
you in touch with potential partners. We also work with publishers who might be
interested in your book. As with us, you keep all your rights, you can freely
and whenever you want to go under the wing of a publisher. By using the online
sales platform / bookstore, you still benefit from the visibility of a
publisher, with the difference that your profit margins are much higher.
Basically, if you don't print a book, it doesn't cost you anything, but
that's not the point. We print on demand and depending on the print run, the
production price per copy varies. By requesting a quote here, you will get a
very accurate idea of the production cost. ici, vous recevrez une idée très précise du coût de production.
For a book bought in a bookshop via a publisher, the author earns
between 6 and 10% of the book's selling price. Imagine that a book bought for
€20 in a bookshop earns the author about €1.6. By working with Indigo Projects,
a book bought from the online shop at €20 will earn you the difference between
the selling price and the production price. As an author you will earn much
more than through the traditional channel.
Our organisation is 100% Belgian and family-run. We sometimes call on outside partners for certain finishing jobs or when necessary.
- Grammage :
paper is often described by its grammage expressed in grams per m2.
- Uncoated white offset paper: these papers are fairly white and give good colour rendition. They are typically used in educational, technical and management books that require text and images and in which the reader can easily make annotations. You could say that it is like a good quality copier paper. .
paper: these papers are typically used for novels. Their off-white/cream colour
makes for a more pleasant, longer reading experience. They are called "bulky"
because they are thicker than other papers of equivalent weight. This gives
volume to your book. The higher the "hand", the thicker the paper. Bulky
paper also has a more natural feel.
- Semi-matt coated paper: These papers are more commonly known as "glossy" papers because the surface layer gives them a glossier appearance, as in magazines. They are suitable for prints where photos and colour are predominant. Think for example of comics, tourist guides,... Their disadvantage is that they are thinner, so the book will be thinner.
- One-sided coated cardboard: this cardboard has two completely different sides: the coated side, as with coated paper, is the side printed often in colour for the cover. The spine is usually left blank. Most books are printed with such a cover.
- Two-sided coated board: this board is used when the author wants the covers to be printed on the inside as well (2nd and 3rd cover)
- Uncoated textured board: this type of board is often used for books that want to give a more artistic, luxurious image: the surface of the paper has a grain similar to that found in drawing paper.
- Hard cover: a 2mm thick cardboard covered with a printed paper gives rigidity to the cover. The book has a more prestigious image, but is also much more expensive to produce. .
- Laminating: This is a lamination of the cover to protect it further. Laminating is included in the price, either in a matt or glossy version.
- Anti-scratch lamination: this is a reinforced matt or glossy version so that any scratches are not visible
- Soft-touch" lamination: some people compare its special touch to a
"peach skin" touch.