WHO ARE WE?
With a combined experience of more than 60 years across a variety of book trades (paper, printing, publishing), we offer a "no-nonsense" service. There are no false promises here. Our commitment to quality means our customers are proud of their work. We love getting to know you, and since each and every author is entirely unique, we prefer to speak to you direct so that we can help you find the solution that suits you best.
Our goal is to help you share your knowledge, expertise, thoughts, theories, stories, photos, drawings, recipes, techniques, memories, or the history of your family, school, company or association.
INDIGO PRO ADVANTAGES
Our state-of-the-art technology and expertise guarantees high quality
black & white with coloured pages to give your book a boost. Just pay for each page
at its respective rate.
- Although we offer standard sizes, we also offer you the option to select your own size, as long as it is within the limits of our machinery. Please just get in touch and ask!
- Our high-performance equipment allows us to offer particularly attractive prices on black/white pages and coloured pages in particular.
- Get a better margin with each sale.
- Our quantity discounts are significant - make sure you do the maths!
When you work with us, you keep all your rights because we don't ask you to sign any exclusivity agreements. By contrast, when you trust us with your book, you'll join our network of publishers.
We're by your side every step of the way.
We arrange the ISBN number and registration of your book for you.
- Set your network on fire! Word of mouth is best.
We create a webpage for your book. Make sure you share it across all your social channels!
- Use keywords to make your book easy to find. We provide a location for your book that is easily searchable using the keywords you stipulate.
- Make it multilingual. Your book may be of interest to a foreign reader. Our translation of your keywords into three languages facilitates multilingual book access. It's up to you to see if you'd like to translate your book!
Avoid stock issues, unsold books & waste
All our papers are FSC certified
All our books are CO² neutral
We print using 100% green energy
WE PLANT A TREE FOR EVERY BOOK
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Not really. We see ourselves more as a bridge between self-publishing
and publishing in the truest sense. We don't provide any editorial guidance ourselves, but we can put
you in touch with some potential partners if you need. We also work with publishers who might be
interested in your book. Since you retain all your rights when you work with you, you are free to approach any publisher you choose.
When you use our online web store/bookstore, you get the visibility a publisher would give you, with the difference that your profit margins are much higher.
If you don't print your book, it won't cost you a penny. However, we print on demand and depending on the print run, the
production price per copy varies. By requesting a quote here, you will get an accurate idea of the production cost. ici.
For a book bought in a bookshop via a publisher, an author will earn
between 6 and 10% of the book's selling price. Imagine that a book bought for
€20 in a bookshop earns the author about €1.6. By working with Indigo Projects,
a book bought from the online shop at €20 will earn you the difference between
the selling price and the production price. Ultimately this means that as an author, you will earn far more than through the traditional channels.
Our organisation is 100% Belgian and family-run, so we print your books here in Belgium. We sometimes call on outside partners for certain finishing jobs as necessary.
- Grammage. The weight of a sheet of paper is described by its grammage. This is expressed in grams per m2.
- Uncoated white offset paper. These papers are fairly white and give good colour rendition. They are typically used in educational, technical and management books that require text and images and in which the reader can easily make annotations. You could say that it is like a good quality copier paper.
paper. These papers are typically used for novels. Their off-white/cream colour
makes for a more pleasant and lengthie reading experience. They are "bulky"
because they are thicker than other papers of equivalent weight. This adds
volume to your book. The higher the "hand", the thicker the paper. Bulky
paper also has a more natural feel.
- Semi-matt coated paper. These papers are more commonly known as "glossy" papers because the surface layer gives them a glossier appearance, just like in magazines. They are suitable for prints where photos and colour are predominant, such as comics, tourist guides, etc. Their disadvantage is that they are thinner meaning you book will be thinner.
- One-sided coated cardboard. This cardboard has two completely different sides: a coated side, which is often printed in colour for the cover. The spine is usually left blank. Most books are printed with this kind of cover.
- Two-sided coated board. This board is used when an author wants the covers to be printed on the inside as well (2nd and 3rd cover)
- Uncoated textured board. This type of board is often used for books looking to suggest a more artistic and luxurious image. The surface of the paper has a grain similar to that found in drawing paper.
- Hard cover. A 2mm thick cardboard covered with a printed paper gives rigidity to the cover. The book looks more prestigious, however this is also more expensive to produce.
- Laminating. This is a lamination of a cover for added protection. Lamination is included in the price when you choose a matt or glossy version.
- Anti-scratch lamination. This is a reinforced matt or glossy version that reduces visible scratches.
- Soft-touch" lamination. This feels like a
"peach skin" to the touch.